June 17, 2010

Summer salads

I love summer because there are a lot of fresh vegetables at the market. This week I made two kind of salads, one with a yogurt dressing and one with lime juice.
I use the yogurt dressing for every salad that doesn't involve fish. For example in this salad I had some left over grilled chicken. You can use every vegetable you like, I chopped up some cabbage, cucumbers, carrots,  tomatoes and onions. I like to make my own dressings, I usually use one big cup of yogurt and some herbs and spices like parsley, oregano, basil and salt (maybe some paprika for color). I chopped up a few leaves of mint to but I didn't really like it.

I like to make my own croutons also. I toast the bread and cut it up in small cubes. It has a really good taste when you rub some garlic on the bread before you cut it up.

The fish salads are easier to make because you just chop up the veggies, put the fish on top and squeeze some lime juice on it. Then throw on some croutons and some herbs (basil, parsley) and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment