June 7, 2010

Transfagarasan

Saturday I woke up at about 4:30 in the morning to climb the Transfagarasan again :D
The weather was fine so I didn't put on my winter clothes.
As we climbed higher the fog got thicker, then it started raining a bit. We were very happy when we saw the snow.
The snow got bigger and bigger as we were getting near the top.
The last few kilometers I have sprinted because I wasn't tired and my pulse was very low on the climb (we were climbing very slow).
Stats:
    - time: 3:06:40 (with stops 3:51)
    - distance: 35,25 km
    - average speed: 11,3 km/h
    - max speed 37,9 km/h

After everybody got to the peak we went through the tunnel to the other side. The view was... i can't describe it with words:
We had a short lunch and a hot tea and we started the descent. The road was wet but we got down very fast (about 45 minutes).

Stats:
    - time: 4:24:08 (with stops 3:51)
    - distance: 72,50 km
    - average speed: 16,3 km/h
    - max speed 61,8 km/h

It was a great day and I hope I will climb this beautiful mountain many more time.

You can find all the pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment