November 1, 2011

One of the coolest rides this year

Saturday I was on one of the coolest ride this year and the first ride in the forest this autumn. I didn't ride since the Neuzer bike party because my back was hurting and I wanted to recover. I was surprised how many people showed up Saturday morning (it was almost noon :D) on the side of the forest. The weather was great, the ground was dry so the conditions were perfect.

We started slow and there was a lot of talking and no racing. We also stopped for a few pictures:
my bike
wheels right
wheels left
moving
one the run
fun vs concentration
talking on the phone
I will catch you
After a while we stopped to regroup and for a photo shoot:
explaining the route
still explaining
we found some oil so we lubed the chains
we spotted a huge wild boar
the beast
We were very lucky that the wild boar was scared and it run away. It was very close to us and it is a very dangerous creature.

After about an hour of riding I started to fell my back so I slowed down. When we reached the road I went home to rest :)

Stats:
 - distance: 19,88 km
 - time: 1:24:37
 - average speed 14,1 km/h
 - maximum speed: 44,8 km/h

This ride was a lot of fun and I hope I can get back in the forest soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment