November 16, 2011

Grated cauliflower

Usually when I was writing a recipe I just posted a picture of the final product. Now I want to change this. When I'm looking for a recipe on the internet I like the recipes with a lot of pictures. From now on I will try to post a lot of pictures from the cooking process.

My first recipe described in this new fashion is Grated cauliflower in the oven. A long time ago I've made grated potatoes but now I had some fresh cauliflower at home. 

The ingredients:
- cauliflower
- eggs
- sour cream
- garlic
- other vegetable (I've used carrots and green beans but you can use broccoli or peas to or any other vegetable)
- cheese
- salt, peeper and paprika

The first step is to boil the cauliflower:
This take about 10 minutes, you shouldn't cook the veggies to much because they will go into the oven later. It is a pity to throw away the water so you should use it to make soup, I made a very good veggie soup from it.

The next step is to mix the eggs with the sour cream and the garlic and season it with salt, pepper and paprika:
You can do this while the cauliflower is cooking. The you mix all the ingredients, there are a lot of recipes where they only use breadcrumbs and cauliflower but you can replace the breadcrumbs with some other vegetables:
Put cheese on top and cook it in the oven for about a half hour:



No comments:

Post a Comment