December 6, 2011

The health benefits of donating blood

I've been planning for a long time to donate blood but I kept delaying it. But tomorrow morning I will be at the hospital :)

There are a lot of benefits of donating blood. I've been searching on the web and  I found a good post on livestrong.com which enumerates some of the benefits of the donation:
  • you get a physical, you get a basic physical from a health care worker at the blood collection clinic
  • lower iron levels every time you give blood, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease
  • reduce cancer risk
  • reduce heart attack risk
  • help your body function more efficiently by allowing it to replenish your blood supply regularly
  • if you have high blood pressure it is recommended to donate blood regularly

No comments:

Post a Comment