May 20, 2010

A ride in strong winds and rain

Last Saturday I went for a ride to Salasuri to visit some relatives.
On the way there the wind was very strong, sometimes from the front, sometimes from the side. Once it even blew me off the road when a truck passed me.

Stats:
    - time: 1:21:56
    - distance: 34,12 km
    - average speed: 25 km/h
    - max speed 52,5 km/h

When I got there it started raining. I've waited a few hours, the rain stopped but the road was still wet. It was getting late so I got on the bike. The road was very wet and soon my shoes and pants got wet to. At first I was going slow but then I realized that it doesn't matter and I begun to like the wet road so I started going faster and faster. I got home about 10 minutes faster and with a dirty bike :)
Stats:
    - time: 2:32:05
    - distance: 68,36 km
    - average speed: 26,9 km/h
    - max speed 54,2 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment