April 19, 2011

Maros Bike XCO Cup

Last weekend i went racing. Although this was only my second XCO and I don't really like it because it is too fast with killer climbs, it was a lot of fun. The race was very hard, I wasn't prepared for it I need to train more and I had a bad cold to. The course was interesting with two hard descents, one of them was rocky, a few hard climbs , some of them were push bike for me, and there was a bit of mud to.

I started at the end because I don't really like these very fast races and I knew that the start will be very fast. To my surprise I passed a lot of people in the first kilometers. After that a few people passed me and in the last lap I passed two guys. I finished in 24th place in my age category.
I was very happy when I finished, although I've hit the ground on the rock bed because somebody stopped in front of me. It was a great experience and I saw that I made great improvement from my first XCO which was two years ago.

Stats:
    - time: 01:26:58 
        - lap 1: 00:28:46
        - lap 2: 00:29:38
        - lap 3: 00:28:34
    - distance: 14,61 km
    - average speed: 10 km/h
    - max speed 32,7 km/h
    - average pulse: 184
    - max pulse: 198

After the hobby category we went out to see the pros. I took a lot of pictures with the elit riders:
The winner
All the pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment